Friday 7 March 2008

interesting day

Sorry it is a long blog.
Well a lot of today has been interesting. It started off by me finding 2 people sleeping on the porch out the front of my place… I saw them when I was about to close the windows so that the hot air wouldn’t get in, so that hopefully my place stays cooler for a bit longer (since there is a whole week of high temp, like nothing under 34C). So since it was going to be a hot day, I filled up a water bottle for them, and put it outside near their stuff, with some food… Then left for work.
When I got home, I went out the front to check the mail, and discovered that the 2 people who were sleeping on my porch, left their sleeping gear, nicely folded up in one corner… So I think they may be back tonight to sleep again…
I went for a walk to get on the internet, I thought not having internet at home would cause a little hassle, meaning that I just had to walk down the road to where there was a hotspot… I didn’t know how much a hassle it could be… it took me a while to find a hotspot (I went to a different place, cause the places where I have gone before where in busy parts of town for a Friday afternoon). Then once I found a hotspot, it would let me on Hotmail, and Facebook was taking ages to load (I ended up running out of time to get on Facebook, battery went flat).
It was time for the soup run, so I went there and had tea and talked to a few people, invited one guy to cell, and he said that he’d come, and asked if he could bring a friend. It was a lot of fun, there tonight and it was very relaxed…. (I think Friday’s are a better time to go then Mondays).
I thought I would go to the library to get on line, however when I got there I found out that they close earlier then what I remembered. So I wandered around the Mall… And I saw a street preacher… I stopped to observe what was happening and people’s reactions… As I watched, there were people that were with the street preach talking with some people, however some of the chats were more like debates, sometimes not even listening to each other. And there was one lady, who had a lot of hurts. As I was watching, I started to pray, I felt like some of these convos, were doing more damage than good… they were approaching people in the same way, the same arguments, and I could see that sometimes using one approach for everyone doesn’t work. And that each person is different and has different needs, and we should share the gospel in a way that it would meet their needs, like what is the Good News for them. Which I learnt from MC. Someone came up to talk to me, and it felt like at times they weren’t really listening to me.
Later on I bought a cheeseburger meal, not cause I was hungry, but cause I was thirsty, as I walked in I felt like I should buy a meal and that I would find someone to give the burger and fries to. Less than a minute walk down the street, I saw a guy sitting on a step, who was a bit out of it. So I gave it to him, and he walked down the street with me a bit and chatted… sometimes I think that sort of thing leaves more of an impact in someone’s life than just debating with them.
So I praise God for a great day, (besides it being hot) and also for a great night. God is Awesome.

No comments: