Wednesday 12 March 2008

a great time at Westcare

Well it is day 10 of our heat wave here in Adelaide. I am sitting outside in 37C heat... I'm in the shade which is good..

Anyway, today i went to Westcare (a day centre, for homeless and loney people) at lunch time to chat with some people while they had lunch. The first person i saw was my friend, K, who i invited to cell, but they didn't turn up... K, forgot my address, so now he has my address and phone number, so we should see him next Tuesday. I also had a good chat with him.
Then i saw another friend P, i chatted with him for a while. P told me that he was still a bit drunk from last night, he was still at a pub at 6am this morning. P than left to go get some much needed sleep, saying that he'll see me on Friday.
Next i met C, He is an older guy that lives in the city, C told me that he stopped drinking about a year ago. Which is awesome.
I also met B, a young guy, who i found out was a Christian, and he has been a Christian for 4 years... He was saved through Teen Challenge and volunteered with them for a while, now he only sometimes goes to church. I invited P to cell, and he said he'll probably come along.
I also talked to yogie, one of the volunteers on the way out, and had a great chat with him.
So all up i had a lot of fun while at Westcare today, Christ was there leading me and the conversations.
God is good. I just pray that Christ will continue to speak into these guys lives and draw them closer to Himself.

Sometimes i think it would be great to have a strong Christian guy here at Gen1, to get along these guys and mentor them... However God can and does use us to speak to them and draw them closer to him. Praise the Lord.

Lux

No comments: