Tuesday 4 March 2008

cell tonight

Today was the last cell that our new christian Jewish friend would be at... He is going to a different city. During cell he thanked us for sharing with him, and said that last year when he first met me he didn't know what to think of me and the rest of us, that we were weird. He also thanked me for sharing the gospel with him "that first time" (which was last year after cell).
It shows that we never know what sort of impact we have had on people for Christ, but Christ uses us if we are willing.

Also His departing words to me were, that he could see Christ in me, that he could see that i longed to follow Christ. This guy then said something like this, "go out there and show them what your made of, you know the scriptures, preach the gospel, kick them up the bum, and bring them to Christ, show them what your made of, I know Christ will be with you in all you do".
Wow... That was so straight forward... It is also one thing that i stuggle big time with, going out and sharing the gospel.... i know it is something that we are all called to do, for some reason i struggle when it comes to actually speaking. I can go out on the streets and just have a general conversation with people (if they want to talk, if they are a quiet person i struggle as well, cause i don't know what to talk about), and i find it easy to just generally hang out with people, and show people God's love and stuff is easy for me.... Me telling people that God loves them and is able to meet their needs.... i struggle with, yes i do know the gospel, however a lot of people i speak to have "heard it all before", and switch off... I need Christ to give me the words that would pierce the heart of someone that i meet. I need to be in a close relationship with Christ so that i hear those words and know that they are from Him.
Basically I need Christ to be able to do it.... without Him i am nothing, i have no power, no influence.

Christ i need you so much, each and every day.

No comments: