Monday 10 March 2008

Heat wave.

Well it has been another hot day. We have been in a heat wave for 8 days now, which equals the record for adelaide. The last time we had a heat wave this long was in the 1930's (can't remember the exact year). If tomorrow ends up being over 35C, it will be the longest heat wave ever in Adelaide. Not only that it has be 46 days without significant rain here.
Now, you get used to it not raining, but 46 days without rain, is insane (i think anyway), and it also makes me miss rain, and get excited when there is a little rain (like less than 5 mins of rain).
I want rain... it makes me think about the times where i haven't spent much time with others, i longed time to spend with other people, and also when i haven't spent much time with God, i have longed to spend time with Him, and feel surrounded by His presence.
Now with it not raining i can't do anything but pray for rain...
However if i haven't spent time with people or others, i can do a lot more. I can make the time to see and hang out with people and also with God. Sometimes the people i want to hang out with to see how they are are busy, so we can't catch up straight away. That is not so with Christ, Christ longs for me to hang out with Him more then i long to hang out with Him.
Just like i sometimes wait til, friends are free to hang out, He just waits til i am ready to come and hang with Him. And He gives me reminders that He is there and still loves me, and is waiting for me to have time with Him.
This is the same for each of you.

No comments: