Sunday 4 May 2008

Worship in the Mall

While I was out Friday night, I went wandering down the Mall, and there was a group doing a sort of open air meeting. Singing and preaching were a part of it all. I stopped and worshipped for a while. It was great, that these guys were willing to stand in the mall and worship, it was cool that they preached the Word. Even though not many people were paying attention it was great, to see that there are some parts of the Church getting out there, trying to spread the Word. At other times there have been preaching in the Mall, however these guys were different. These guys were from a church in the inner suburbs, the people that I have seen before are from a number of different churches, but come together for this. The group that I have seen before, is a group known as the Way of the Master, this group preaches, but mainly in a legalistic type of way… “you are a sinner and you are going to hell”. Where as the group that I saw tonight were more filled with joy, and was sharing about God’s love, that the way to God is through Christ alone, that Christ is the answer…
You can probably see in the way that I have written which I prefer, I know that there is a place for both, that some people will respond better to one way more than another. But I can’t help thinking that it is better sharing love and life, than convicting people of their sins…. Isn’t that suppose to be the Holy Spirit’s job…

No comments: