Friday 2 May 2008

A National Network....

Tonight I went down to the soup run as usual, and caught up with a few of the guys I know… I also met someone else there… and it is an indication of how small Australia is in some ways, at least how easy it is for people to get around. The person that I met, D, hasn’t been in Adelaide very long, before that she was in Sydney, and was of the Oasis program, or at least had regular contact with them.
A while back I was thinking that we need to make better contact with 614 Melbourne, cause we see a lot of people that go between here and Melbourne, and it would be good to refer people that we know heading across there, to somewhere, where they will continue to have contact with people who want to see them saved and growing. With thinking about that, I also thought it would be great having some thing similar in the Alice (Alice Springs) and Darwin, cause I also see a lot of people travel between here and there.
Meeting D, made me think that we should have a nation wide network, so that where ever people that we have been working with are moving on somewhere else, there is someone that we can refer them to, who will continue building them up.
In theory we already have this network, being the Salvation Army, we have corps all across the World, that alone Australia, so we should be able to link people in different corps when they move. However it doesn’t happen… Why…

No comments: