Saturday 26 April 2008

Well yesterday in my blog, I said that I had 2 people squatting out the front of my place… I told them that they are welcome to stay there, just keep the front area tidy.
Today when I went out the front, they had tidied up that area and had their stuff packed to the side.
Later on one of them came to my door, and gave me an iron and also $20, which I tried to refuse, but they wouldn’t take no for an answer. They wanted to bless me out of the little that they had, cause they were staying out the front…
Seriously, I haven’t done much… but they think so….
May God fully bless them and keep them warm as they sleep out there…
It seems that this house, when Gen1 meets is becoming a safe haven, whether it is inside the walls or just out the front.
There is so many more people that I know that are sleep rough in Adelaide, and it sucks, that I can’t help them, cause most of them are guys.
I also know a number of guys that aren’t sleeping rough, but are in boarding houses/hostels, that are looking for work, however they are not able to get much, or people won’t give them a chance, cause they have been in prison, some even get rejected cause they are on the street…. We need Salvo people (even just Christians) to rise up that either already own companies or to start a business to give these guys a second chance… If we as Christians don’t who will… And it would be an awesome chance to mentor these people when they are released from jail.
So if you know a Christian who owns their own business, challenge them to that idea… if they are interested and are in Adelaide, I can find people that will work…
If you challenged by God to start your own business, seriously think about it… I will find you workers…

Lux

1 comment:

Discover Leadership said...

Hi Lux,

This is the first time I've read your blog . . . and I like your approach. Goodonya!