Wednesday 1 October 2008

so long since i have blogged.

it has been so ages since i lasted blogged... and so much has happened in the 2 months that have been since than.
I have spent a month visiting some of my spiritual family in Vancouver.... my time there was awesome, i love all those guys heaps... It was awesome to just hangout with people and be a part of an awesome community. It was such a refreshing time, and reminder of how important community is. Time there just went so fast... i wish i could of stayed longer... but that is always the way, no matter how long i am away for.
There is also exciting news about Gen1.... 2 people are going to be moving in with me (they will have moved in by the end of this month)... and a young adult ministry is going to be happening next door to my place... both are fully awesome. And i feel a real excitment for what God is going to do in the city of Adelaide this next coming year, like i feel as if things are going to explode... and i can't wait... and i thank God that He isn't done, and has given me the strength to keep going... He knows exactly what sort of encouragement that would push me on.
I am now back in Adelaide, and have been back for 2 weeks and 2 days.... but it seems so much longer, cause i am back doing all that i was doing before i left... and people were still sleeping out the front of my place, when i got back. However it got really messy, so i did a clean up, and tied up the shade cloth a bit highier, and people haven't been back.
I have still been building relationships with people on the street, and apparently while i was away people were asking where i was ... which when i heard that, i was a bit suprised/shocked... cause i didn't really see that coming... So i praise God that He chooses to use me on the streets of Adelaide to make and impact... cause i am nothing special, and i am not the sort of person that people are drawn to, however it is happening a bit... and it is all Christ.
I have also had some friends stay at my place for 4 days, and i loved it, it was so great just to have other people in the house... the house became a place of activity, instead of a building where i live, even though i didn't hangout with them all the time, or even see them some days til late in the day... the house just had a different feel about it and i loved it... they left today, and i will probably miss them the next night i am home (i am at work tonight, so it won't be til tomorrow)

Anyway got to get to sleep.
blessings

No comments: