Thursday 20 December 2007

Loving people.

One of my mates in the War College, wrote a blog about how she is learning to love and how love hurts at times... which as i read, my mind was going to a friend of mine that i saw tonight...
i was at a Christmas Carols in the Square, down the road from my place, and i saw one of my friends... i haven't seen him since the beginning of the year... Now each time i see this friend he is drunk (sometimes more than others), he asks me for money... or/and gets a little sleezy, trying to crack on to me, get me to go with him... So each time i see him, i have to remind him that we are nothing more than friends and will never be anything more than that.... Even though i have to do that, I love him... I love the fact that i saw him... that he remembered me (a bit anyway). I love him because he is created in the image of God, and i see this little boy just searching for love... his eyes sparkle with the hope of love... My heart breaks for him cause the only way he knows what love is, is by sex...
However my heart also rejoices, cause there has been growth in him... cause he used to be worse than he is now.

Lux

No comments: