Tuesday 4 December 2007

desire and fear.

Just a quick thought...

Why is it that the thing we often desire..... we also fear???

I have been finding that some of the things that i desire to do, to recieve, i also fear.... i long for some things however fear can hold me back from it at times.... Whether it is the fear of the unknown, or fear of failure, or the fear of man.... Or whether it is from past hurts or experiences that effect how i react... People around me may or may not notice it.... however it is there... And it fully annoys me....
Now i know that God has not given us a spirit of fear but of power, love and sound mind... And the bible also says, why should we fear man, what can man do to us... And God promises that He'll be with us, and guide us, and that His plans are perfect....
So why do i give into fear.... or be really tempted to give in to it....
I don't really know... I just pray that i will be more focused on Christ.... cause when our eyes are on Christ all else fades away.... Just like Peter didn't sink til he took his eyes of Jesus....
I also know that a reason why this is so ... is cause the enemy wants us to be paralised, so that we are not as effective as what we can be for Christ. Which Sux... I hate him and his underhanded schemes..... Cause there are so many that fall to his traps...
I pray that our eyes will be open that we will see the traps the enemy sets for what they really are.....

No comments: