Saturday 22 December 2007

John 6:26

Today i was reading John 6 and vs 26 jumped out... now the context of this verse is that Jesus had just fed the 5000, and gone across to the other side of the lake... and people from the crowd went looking for Jesus... and this is Jesus' response when they found Him... vs 26 "truely I tell you, you are looking for me, not because you saw signs, but because you ate your fill of the loaves"
How often do we look for/to Christ for what He has/can do for us.... Instead of looking for Him for who He is....
I know there are times that i look for Christ because of what He has done, or can do for me... And i have to repent of this.... Cause it is being selfish, just looking at myself, looking out for "my best interest".
This was a reminded that we are to look for Christ because of who He is... The Son of God, The Messaiah.... Christ is the one to be praised, the one that is worthy of praise... Our relationship with Him should be focused on Him not on ourselves and what we can get out of it...
Jesus came to show us a better way, He knows what is best for us... He wants that deep fullon relationship with us...

No comments: