Saturday 11 July 2009

family (5th blog in 24 hours)

Today i visited my dad and his family... which was a bit of fun... and nerve racking at the same time.
You see my parents divorced when i was a kid, (8), and from the age of about 14 i can count the times i have seen my dad on one hand, til today...
So when ever i know i am going to see him, i am nervous, i never know what to say, so as i was driving there today i asked God that He'd guide me, and give me words to say, comfort me and keep me calm. Cause it is like i am visiting a stranger... cause i don't get to talk to him much.
However this time i also had a sense of excitement about going there, cause, i have been talking to one of my half sisters, and i have a bit in common with her, and really feel like i am meant to encourage her, both in her faith and in life.
And now that i have arrived back to where i am staying the night, i got thinking about family.
God created us to be a part of a family, a member of a loving, nurturing group of people known as a family.... however these days there is so many broken relationships in the "natural family", that they aren't loving, nurturing or even caring. So there are millions of people that are growing up not knowing that sort of love, community and family, and it breaks my heart... I imagine it breaks God's heart more.
However God offers us another family - His family... full of people who love God and others, who want to obey God and build up their brothers and sisters in Christ. Who nurture and care for each other.
We don't get to choose who we are related to in the flesh. But we can choose to be a part of God's family, a part of Jesus' family, the family full of love, no matter what, and it is the best thing ever,

1 comment:

lux said...

by the way the road trip is over... we reached our destination (for today any way) 8 hours ago.
hope you been enjoying the blogs.