Wednesday 23 July 2008

spiritual atmosphere..

A few blogs ago i touched on this, mentioning that i had "felt" God in Adelaide, and how when i was up in the Gold Coast it was different, i felt lighter and "felt" God's presence.
Well, now i am back in Adelaide, after being away for 2 weeks, on in the Gold Coast at the basketball carnival, and the other in Melbourne at 2 different conferences. The time away was awesome, the first week fun, the second week in community more, and awesome times of worship and times of being prayed for and built up.
Last night was the first night that i stayed home... and the atmosphere hit me, i felt heavy again, also overwhelmed, defeated and broken... i have never realised the spiritual atmosphere here, so intensely, it hasn't hit me in such one big blow before... which makes sense in this area... there is so many around this area that would feel like, from the shelters, sobering up unit, and towards independance and even just on the street.
I spent some time crying out to the Lord, and worshipping him, and i was lead to a song in the SASB, number 745... Christ really encouraged me through the words of this song. Here they are;

My hope is built on nothing less
than Jesus' blood and righteousness
I dare not trust the sweetest frame,
but wholly lean on Jesus' name

On Christ the solid rock i stand
all other ground is sinking sand

When darkness seems to veil his face
I rest on his unchanging grace
in every high an stormy gale
my anchors holds within the veil

His oath, his covenant and blood
Support me in the 'wheming flood
When all around my soul gives way
He then is all my hope and stay

No comments: