Friday 22 February 2008

A great night

Tonight was great.
I walked to the soup run, singing (this is holy ground)
At the soup run saw a couple of people i knew, so talked to them for a while, one friend i haven't talked to for ages. It was good to see that this friend was doing better than the last time i talked to him... he was drunk as usual, however this time it was on cheap wine and not metho, which means that he made a bit more sense. I praise God that he hasn't been drinking metho.
Then when pretty much all the food ran out, i saw another friend who i hadn't seen for ages, like about a year. I first met her nearly 2 years ago, in not really a nice way to met someone (she was the person involved in my most interesting soup run experience 2 nights before leaving for canada in 2006), the next time i saw her was a few weeks after i got back from Canada, and the first thing she did was come across and apologise for the incident. That was the last time i saw her til tonight. There was no food left at the soup run for her cause they arrived late (her and her partner). When i left i saw them in one of the squares, i went and got some food and gave it to them. I ended up sitting with them for about an hour, just talking, the conversation went around in circles, talk a little about Jesus which was cool. Any way this lady is an aboriginal, and she calls me her sister (which is an honour), part way through the night, she said that she wanted to give me her skin colour name.
So i am now Nabanangka.
Nabanangka is our skin colour.
As i sit with her and her partner, i felt God's love for her, i heard a little part of her story, some of it sad, some of it joyful. She said that she needed me, to get off booze, and i said Jesus can help her with that, she was like i know, but i need support.
Which has got me thinking a little....
She also said that she wanted to take me to her country (the outback), and take me camping, and hunting, and also wanted me to meet her Godmother, a white Christian lady in Darwin.... these things also got me thinking... Cause i have never been either of those parts of this country, and i have wanted to go to the Aboriginal communities in the outback... and i have a love for aboriginals... and the communities up there need so much help....
I think i need to do more praying about it....

Lux

No comments: