Wednesday 20 June 2007

How our past can affect our Present

Ok, it has been a little while since i lasted blogged.....
However i haven't been able to think of anything to blog about and i have had a busy week, with work, Gen1 and catching up with people.
Last Friday one of my workmates had her last day of work at my workplace..... She was a lot of fun to work with... I only usually work one day a week(Wednesday) with her, it is always fun.... Today was the first shift that i didn't work with her.... And it wasn't the same... it wasn't as much fun...
Also today, I learnt how much hurts from the past affect our lives in the Now..... even subconsciously.....
You see, my parents separated when i was in primary school.... and i realised today that it still affects me subconsciously.....
Let me explain... I was at work today i was finding myself getting annoyed at and judging the person that was working instead of my friend. I caught myself a lot, and consciously decide not to do this, and rejected the thoughts.... I asked Jesus to show me how He sees this person.... and i also asked why am i like this towards this person.... I realised after that, that he is fairly similar to what i remember my dad being like.... for example... he seemed low in self esteem and confidence... slow in speech.... So subconsciously i was responding to this person how i used to and sometimes still respond to my dad....after i had realised that it was easier to see the person for who they are and not through clouded glasses....
so obviously there is still some work to be done on that area of my life... and i ask Christ to continue that work...

No comments: