Monday 5 February 2007

In NZ

Well i am in New Zealand.
Yesterday i finished a 9 day adventure based discipleship course thing with "blue Mountian Adventure", called "peak 2 - the Journey". It was an awesome time, very challenging physically (like walking and riding up big hills or mountians). Before i left adelaide, i had some mates praying for me and giving me words from God, and one of them was "Every thing is or will be easy with God", When walking/hiking up the mountian on the first day of the Journey (now we had to hike up this mountain before we even technically started the Journey). This word kept coming to my mind, and i held on to it every step i took up that mountain, i was also holding onto the verse
"30 Even youths grow tired and weary, and young men stumble and fall; 31 but those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint." Is 40:30-31
These things are what kept me focused on Christ and through them He help me to keep going.
Also there were times when i caught myself out with thoughts that weren't quite holy and having to stop myself thinking such things, they were just thoughts where i was getting annoyed with someone in the group and not really having a reason to be annoyed, so i handed them over to the Lord, cause i didn't want to be thinking those sort of thoughts. I also noticed that i complained a number of times on the Journey, (mainly when we had to go up hill again), which is not the best attitude to have at all, even though when i did complain i had a smile on my face, it is not the attitude i should have, for we are to be holy and be Christ like. Christ went through so much more than what i did, but He still didn't complain once, Christ remained silent, like a lamb to the slaughter.
So what excuse do i have to complain about walking or riding up a mountian or hill. I am called to praise God in all circumstances. So i am praying that i will learn to praise the Lord in every and every situation.
All up it was an awesome 9 days with 3 other girls that were on the journey as well, and we had 2 guys that were the instructors. It was awesome meeting them, and chatting about the things of God and encouraging them.
Anyway i am about to head out to tea with my mate sarah, and another person also called sarah, that we met at the backpackers that we are staying at, so i should go and meet them.
God Bless you all abundantly, I pray that Christ will speak to you today.

Ah, one more thing before i go, Today i learnt that i am definately not a tourist. I hate doing all the normal touristy stuff. Today sarah and me went on a free bus tour, the things that we went to we a little interesting, but i didn't fully enjoy it. I would of muched preferred to get out on the street and wander around and see what happens on the streets, and see the locals.
I may reflect on this more at a later stage.

So this time i am going for real,

Catch ya later
Lux

No comments: