Monday 14 January 2008

Lately i have been reading Genesis, and about Abram/Abraham, and one thing that has stuck out to me... that even though in the New Testement Abraham was called a man of great faith in God.... Here in Genesis God reminds him a number of times of God's promise to him... and at one point Abram even took things into his own hands and had a child with his wife's maid servant... However God worked in Abram's life, and as a result grew Abram's faith, and gave him a new name Abraham.
Which gives me hope, i need to be reminded of the promises God has spoken to me and sometimes i try to do things my own way. Yet because of God great love and grace for me, people still call me a person of Faith.
I praise God, that it is through Him that i have Faith, the Faith that stands the test against the enemy... if it wasn't for Christ. My faith would be dead, i would of let it slip away long ago... I also praise the Lord God Almighty, cause He is growing my faith, like he grew Abram/Abraham's.

No comments: